Saturday, May 20, 2017

Mearls Initiative

Initiative has always been my bugaboo in systems - they were all dumb, boring, or too complex/slow. Then a lightning bolt descended from the heavens, well Twitter-heaven, and struck me stunned.



This gave me the simulations stages of AD&D, the element of planning of side-based initiative, and the delusionally interesting bits of 2nd Edition AD&D.

The first things I'd adjust would adding something beneficial for charges vs normal "action + move",  tie spell casting time in (AD&D casting time + d6 or something, or better yet use the Mythus classifications: http://vaultsofnagoh.blogspot.com/2013/02/lets-read-mythus-pt-23.html), and give some benefit for defensive reach.  But the core idea above is so strong, I don't want to mess with it too much.




No comments:

Post a Comment