Upon gaining sufficient XP for a new level, the character can "immediately" roll for new hit points. All other class abilities and improvements require training.
- Training takes one week of time, regardless of level.
- The "Trainer" must be at least one level higher than the character he/she is training.
- Upon reaching "Name Level", the character must spend the same amount of time and money, but does not need a trainer.
- Training costs [Current Level x 1000 GP]. Loans can be made, and *some* trainers will accept goods or services in lieu of coins. The fee for characters reaching 2nd level is waived cause Shawn is a nice guy.
- Magic-users and Illusionists automatically gain one new spell upon completing training. This can be of any level they can cast, does not require a Spell Learning Test, does not require a fee to scribe into the spellbook, BUT must be from the Player's Handbook.