So here's my bullet point notes on the Alfar rules, my replacements for Elves. Once I finalize things, I'll post a pdf.
- -1 to Constitution (NO bonus to dexterity)
- Ephemeral: Alfar can not be Raised from Dead or Resurrected through any spell or item short of divine intervention.
- Immune to Charm, MORE susceptible to Sleep (not sure how to work that yet)
- Natural Archers: Characters proficient with a long or short bow, alfar characters gain a bonus of + 1 on their die rolls "to hit" with those weapons.
- Infravision 60'
- Taller - 5'6" to 6'6"
- Crazy eye and hair colors.
- Secret Doors: double chances of finding, but only when searching.
You'll see I've dropped the dexterity bonus, which I think is a big attraction for a lot of players. With these rules, I'd feel better about dropping Racial Level Limits, which are a bad solution to a legitimate issue.
I'm also thinking about replacing ability score bonuses with a free "swap", in the event you're rolling ability scores in order. In this case, Elves would be able to swap any rolled ability score with Dexterity.